Office & Production Manager (part-time)
Reporting to the Board of the Literary Society of the Klondike and the Editor of the Klondike Sun.
– Ad research: recruiting new advertising clients to support the newspaper.
– Newspaper layout: using InDesign, the manager will assist with the production of the paper – placing of stories, designing ads and notices – and e-mailing the finished paper to the printer.
– Office management: answering phone calls, e-mails and faxes, providing information, receiving advertisements from clients, filing documents, taking cash payments for ads and subscriptions, coordinating receipts and bills with our bookkeeper.
Eligibility requirements include:
– Computer skills: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, MS Word, Excel, WordPress and managing social media platforms.
– Experience in office management.
– Good communication and organizational skills, self-motivation and ability to work independently and with little supervision.
– 20 hrs per week/40 hours per bi-weekly production period with concentration during production week.
– Suggested regular hours during the day Monday to Friday.
This is a four-month position, anticipated start date June 11, 2014.
E-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: May 30, 2014 at 4 p.m.